Step Down Provision
This provision is focussed primarily on young people aged 16-18, who may require a higher level of support, and offers a tailored individual support package. Single young person ‘training’ flats offer high quality accommodation within a building supported and managed by Omega Care Group. There is opportunity to personalise the flat.
We aim to provide a physically and emotionally safe home environment in which each young person has the opportunity to thrive and to develop a positive self-identity.
Two members of staff are on duty throughout waking hours, with sleep in staff covering 24:00-08:00 as the norm. However this level of staffing may be scaled up or down dependent on the number of residents and their level of need. This is negotiable with Commissioning Bodies based on the identified needs of the individual young person.
- The provision offers high levels of staff interaction, response and support.
- We aim to provide a physically and emotionally safe home environment in which young people have the opportunity to thrive and to develop a positive self-identity.
- Each young person will have an identified Key Worker, providing a focus for engagement, personal development and the addressing of issues.
- All young people participate in the Independent Living Programme, promoting the acquisition of the skills, knowledge and resilience to enable their progression towards independence.
- Each young person is supported in having their physical and mental health needs met.
- Every young person is supported to engage positively in education, employment and training opportunities.
- We actively support the voice of the young person, working to ensure that their views, wishes and feelings are expressed, valued and responded to positively.
- Risks and risky behaviours are addressed and managed through our robust risk management processes. These are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- We work with social care staff to identify milestones and outcomes, including progression within the Independent Living Programme.
- We operate within effective policies and procedures, with the safeguarding and well-being of the young person at the core of our activities.