Specialist 1:1 Support
Our 1:1 support provision provides tailored support for young people for whom a solo placement is the most appropriate option.
All accommodation is to a high standard with the opportunity to individually personalise the living space. We aim to create a homely environment in which the young person is able to thrive and to develop a positive sense of self-identity.
The provision is staffed on a 24 hour a day basis, with sleep in staff covering 24:00-08:00 as the norm. This is negotiable with the Commissioning Body dependent on the identified needs of the individual young person. A creative, consistent staff team working as a coherent whole, will be put in place to enable relationship development, and to ensure the needs and aspirations of the young person are met.
- Omega Care Group liaises closely with social care staff to deliver young person centred support, with identified milestones and outcomes for young people within solo placements.
- We will actively work with the young person to support their physical and mental health needs.
- We will promote an active engagement in accessing opportunities for employment, education and training.
- Young people will participate in the Independent Living Programme, this reflects a person centred approach and individual learning styles, and actively supports the acquisition of the skills, knowledge and resilience necessary for the young person to successfully move towards independence.
- We will ensure that the voice of the young person is heard, advocated for and that their feelings, aspirations and wishes are responded to and valued. We will use a range of mechanisms to enable this.
- Ongoing liaison with social care staff will be maintained with options to reduce the level of support as the young person achieves identified milestones (eg: accessing education/training).
- We operate within effective policies and procedures, with the safeguarding and well-being of the young person at the core of all our activities.
- If the young person stays with the placement until their 18th birthday and they have demonstrated consistency and appropriate capability, Omega Care Group will pass over the tenancy to them in their own right. All equipment and furniture currently within the house will remain with the young person enabling a stable and positive transition to true independence.